Out of stock
Out of stock
Regular Price: £179.16
Special Price: £145.83
Out of stock
Dogwood's turnout rugs are the ideal way to keep your horse clean and dry while out in the field. Good quality horse rugs will keep your horse protected from the bitterest winds and rain and at Dogwood we have specially selected rugs made from the best brands, including Bucas and Mark Todd.
Our heavyweight turnout rugs are perfect for the colder autumn and winter days when your horse needs to be kept warm and dry from the elements. Included in our range are Bucas turnout rugs with revolutionary technology that regulates temperature. To accommodate the rather changeable British weather Bucas has come up with the perfect solution, the Bucas Power Turnout Extra. This rug can be used in extremes of temperatures from as cold as -25 degrees celsius to + 13; also due to its unique technology it can be put on a wet horse and it’ll act like a sweat rug and absorb the sweat away from the body, helping to avoid the chill as well as the extra work of swapping one rug to another.
If you are looking for a heavyweight rug with incredible strength and durability with a cheaper price tag, look no further than the Mackey Lugnaquilla Plus. It’s waterproof yet breathable, so will keep your horse toasty throughout the winter and with its 1680 denier outer you are assured that it’ll not get ripped when they’re out playing in the field.
Alternatively, the Mark Todd rugs such as the Deluxe Heavyweight Combo Turnout Rug offer maximum comfort and warmth with a 350g filling and a 1200 denier outer.
For spring and summer our range of lightweight and mediumweight rugs offers protection against the rain whilst being lightweight enough so as to not overheat your horse when it's a warm, but rainy day!
It is important to buy a rug that properly fits your horse, as an ill fitting one can lead to rubbing, chaffing and could hinder your horse's movement. The key points listed below will help you to make sure your horses rug fits properly:-
• Make sure it’s not too tight around the neck and the chest
• Make sure the rug covers the horse's belly and has a good overlap at the front to keep the heat in.
• Make sure that turnout rugs with hind leg straps are adjusted to allow a hand's width to be placed between the back of the horse's leg and the strap
• Make sure that the leg straps used to hold the blanket in place are not too tight as this can cause chaffing
• Make sure that leg straps are not too loose as the horse may catch its hooves in them when lying down
• If you want to add some extra layers on those cold days and nights, add a Mark Todd Combo Under Rug or a Mark Todd Rug Liner.
• Invest in one of our lightweight turn out horse rugs for the summer as well as one of our heavyweight turn out rugs for the colder weather.